Apicha Community Health Center – New York, NY
Recruit clients from targeted communities; young gay men of color 18-29 years of age and their partners to funded activities including: Enhanced HIV/STD/Hepatitis C screening, prevention interventions using Personal Cognitive Counseling (PCC) & Popular Opinion Leader (POL) behavioral interventions, risk reduction services and other APICHA Community Health Center services.
Young Men who have Sex with Men (YMSM) Project Coordinator
- Conduct risk assessment & perform HIV/STD/Hepatitis C screening including specimen collection in accordance with APICHA Community Health Center’s protocol for on-site & field testing.
- Link HIV-positive individuals to appropriate medical services in accordance with the protocols and standards of APICHA Community Health Center.
- Provide referrals to clients for needed services and conduct follow-up to ensure successful access to services.
- Maintain client-related records & other required documentation in accordance with the protocols and standards of APICHA Community Health Center.
- Assist in completing agency & funder reports, program evaluation & continuous quality improvement activities.
- Supervise the YMSM Prevention Associate to meet contractual requirements.
- Develop collaborations within People of Color communities and represent the agency at various functions to fulfill APICHA Community Health Center’s mission.
- Function as a part of multi-disciplinary team.
- Other duties as assigned to meet agency and contractual requirements.
- Strong socio-cultural identification with & access to YMSM of color for recruitment to agency services required.
- Ability to provide HIV/STI /Hepatitis C screening in accordance with the protocols and standards of the agency.
- Ability to complete proficiency for HIV/STI/Hepatitis within 30 days of hire required.
- Ability to complete training for and conduct phlebotomy services to clients within 60 days of hire required.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills a must.
- Fluency in at least one Asian language or Spanish is strongly preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively and appropriately on sexual topics required.
- Ability to work with staff and clients of diverse backgrounds required.
- Ability to provide agency services to clients in various venues such as bar/clubs, sex venues and other community settings required.
- Ability to travel via public transportation to field events required.
- Ability to work late nights and weekends required.
- Ability to use office common software required: Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Ability to enter data accurately into agency common database.
- Ability to identify and navigate social media websites where men who have sex with men meet their partners.
To apply, please send a resume, cover letter (including salary requirements), and three references to: Joseph Akima, LGBT Program Manager, 400 Broadway, New York, NY 10013. Or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Position is open until filled. No phone calls accepted.
APICHA is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, creed, national origin, gender, disability, marital status, sexual orientation.