Project VIDA – Chicago, IL
The primary responsibility of the Medical Case Manager is to provide multi-disciplinary medical case management to HIV+ clientele with co-morbid conditions (i.e. substance abuse dependence and PTSD) with the primary goal of improving the client’s overall health and wellbeing. The Medical Case Manager will formulate and systematically review individualized client care plans, maintain progress logs, facilitate needed client referrals and conduct comprehensive discharge planning. The Medical Case Manager will also facilitate psychoeducational client group sessions covering topics such as substance use, drug interaction, individual coping mechanisms, anger management, interpersonal relationship skill development and generating healthy lifestyles.
HIV Medical Case Manager
- Conduct comprehensive intake evaluations collecting client biopsychosocial history.
- Provide client assessment screenings for substance use/abuse/dependence, behavioral risk, mental and physical health.
- Respond to and provide client crisis interventions (i.e. suicide prevention).
- Help clients modify attitudes and patterns of behavior by increasing their understanding of self, personal problems, and clients’ part in creating them.
- Conduct individual counseling sessions regarding behavioral health, substance use and risk reduction.
- Provide referrals/ linkages to necessary treatment/support and conducting proper referral follow-up.
- Monitor individualized care plan progress and client adherence to established treatment goals.
- Facilitate psychoeducational client group counseling sessions around the issues of substance use, drug interaction, individual coping mechanisms, anger management, interpersonal relationship skill development and generating healthy lifestyles.
- Maintain proper progress logs and applicable client treatment documentation.
- Adhere to professional standards as outlined by governmental bodies, professional code of ethics, funding sources, organization policies and program guidelines.
- Bachelors degree in social work, counseling, psychology or related field and three years’ experience in social services required.
- Certifications/licensure: CADC, LPC, LCPC, LSW, LCSW or MISA desired.
- Knowledge of HIV care and supportive services strongly preferred.
- Language: Bilingual English/Spanish Required.
- Cultural/lifestyle sensitivity to African American, Latino, and LGBT populations required.
- Word processing/computer skills a must.
- Organizational and time management skills.
- Presentation skills/group facilitation skills.
APPLY – Send your resume to email@example.com