Keshet – Jamaica Plain, MA
Working out of our national headquarters in Boston, the Development Associate will work with the Director of Development to implement many aspects of Keshet’s development efforts. This full time position includes, but is not limited to, work supporting individual donor cultivation and solicitation, fundraising events, corporate sponsorships, and foundation funding.
The Development Associate will have shared responsibility for achieving our annual revenue targets, as well as implementing sustainable funding strategies for the organization. This is an incredible opportunity to grow and energize an organization with an amazing amount of potential and momentum. Come join our team and help us achieve our ambitious goals.
Development Associate Keshet
- Coordinate fundraising and logistics for large events, including communicating with Board members and donors.
- Manage the event timeline, work with outside vendors, negotiating contracts, tracking and reporting all data (ticket sales, attendance, sponsorships, income & expense budget).
- Oversee coordination of mailings and event materials with Communications staff.
- Solicit sponsorships, ticket sales, and other revenue streams.
- Organize and implement logistics for major donor cultivation events and special events throughout the year and around the country.
Donor Relations & Data Management
- Supervise assembly of media and donor kits for events and meetings.
- Manage all donor and special event data and reports in Salesforce and paper records to reflect ongoing research, cultivation, and stewardship activities.
- Support major donor cultivation efforts by Executive Director and Director of Development.
- Process gifts and gift acknowledgments.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Development.
- Strong commitment to and passion for the mission of Keshet.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in fundraising with a proven record of success.
- Ability to articulate the importance of the organization’s work to prospective and current funders.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Positive and fun outlook. Strong interpersonal skills and experience in establishing and cultivating strong relationships with colleagues, partners, donors, and trustees.
- Excellent working knowledge of Salesforce or similar donor management software.
- Ability to take initiative, set priorities, and to work independently and as a team-player.
- Knowledge of and experience in the organized Jewish community a plus.
- Ability to travel.
Please send resume and cover letter via email to email@example.com.Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis, with an anticipated start date of no later than May 18th.
Keshet works for a world in which all Jewish organizations and communities are strengthened by LGBT inclusive policy, programming, culture, and leadership and where Jews of all sexual orientations and gender identities can live fully integrated Jewish lives.
Keshet is the leading organization in the U.S. that works for LGBT equality and inclusion in all facets of Jewish life–synagogues, Hebrew schools, day schools, youth groups, summer camps, social service organizations, and other communal agencies. Through training, community organizing, and resource development, we partner with clergy, educators, and other leaders to equip them with the tools and knowledge they need to be effective agents of change. In just a little over 10 years, we have grown from a one-person local operation to a national organization with nearly 20 staff and offices in Boston and the Bay Area. Come join this energetic and fast growing organization!