San Diego LGBT Community Center – San Diego, CA
The On Duty Counselor is available at the agency for on-demand telephone and walk-in interventions. Duties include crisis intervention, triage, scheduling counseling intakes, and provision of information and referrals to community members and their families. Services are designed and provided within the context of a multidisciplinary professional team. It also includes becoming ADAP and Covered California certified to complete enrollments in both programs. The ideal candidate will be a self-motivated team-player who accepts direction, demonstrates excellent judgment, works hard, and is passionate about serving the LGBT and HIV communities.
Bilingual On Duty Counselor
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability desired. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in psychology, social work or psychology.
- Master’s degree is preferred.
- Case management and client navigator experience with clients living with HIV/AIDS and LGBT clients strongly preferred.
- Two years’ prior related experience also highly desirable. Sensitivity to LGBT-related cultural concerns and the issues concomitant to HIV disease.
- Related experience can be substituted for the educational requirement on a year-for-year basis.
- Additionally, experience working with AIDS Drug Assistance Program (ADAP) and Covered California enrollment experience is strongly preferred.
Computer/Office Equipment Skills:
- Basic computer skills, with proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Outlook) and accessing and posting information from/to the internet.
Other Special Skills:
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with diverse community groups and volunteers.
- Strong analytic and writing skills required.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with shifting priorities.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English are required.
- Fluency Spanish required.
To apply, send your cover letter and resume electronically to:
Beth Barnes, LCSW, MBA Chief Operating Officer email@example.com
Please note: We are unable to accept any phone inquiries for this position opening. The San Diego LGBT Community Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.