San Diego LGBT Community Center – San Diego, CA
The Hillcrest Youth Center (HYC) is the only after-school drop-in center in San Diego County solely dedicated to serving the needs of LGBTQ youth ages 14 to 18. HYC provides a safe, growth-oriented environment where LGBTQ youth receive caring and committed adult mentorship, educational opportunities, leadership training, STI and HIV prevention education, voter education, health care information and enrollment, life skills training, social activities and healthy relationship education from trained and trusted staff and volunteers.
Under the direct supervision of the Coordinator of Youth Services, the HYC Coordinator seeks to fulfill The Center’s mission through development, implementation and coordination of a broad array of activities and services for LGBTQ youth.
Hillcrest Youth Center Coordinator
Specific duties include:
- Overseeing the scheduling and structure of program, volunteers and services
- Developing, recruiting and retaining a qualified and trained volunteer base to help achieve program and agency goals including implementing and maintaining structured volunteer systems: recruitment, orientation, training and schedules for ongoing training
- Implementing and maintaining systems to collect and analyze data regarding service delivery, volunteer hours and program impacts/outcomes
- Coordinating youth programs to address HIV testing; voter education; school achievement; advocacy; health care education, enrollment, and access; and life skills training
- Providing information and referrals to youth
- Supervising and providing group and workshop facilitation
- Outreach and training activities with educational systems (schools K-12, universities and colleges), healthcare systems, social service organizations or other youth-serving organizations
- Achieving all contract and/or grant objectives
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability desired. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
- Education and Experience: A bachelor’s degree in psychology, social work, or other social services related field is required. Related experiences can be substituted for the educational requirement on a year-for-year basis. A minimum of three years of experience providing service to a diverse youth population.
- Computer/Office Equipment Skills: Basic computer skills, with proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Outlook) and social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram and Snap Chat).
- Other Special Skills: Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with diverse community groups and volunteers. Strong analytic and writing skills required. Ability to manage multiple tasks with shifting priorities.
- Language Skills: Fluency Spanish highly desirable.
To apply, send your cover letter, job application (http://www.thecentersd.org/pdf/jobapp.pdf), and resume electronically to:
Beth Barnes, Chief Operating Officer, firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: We are unable to accept any walk-ins, email or phone inquiries for this position. The San Diego LGBTQ Community Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.