Equality California – Los Angeles, CA
Equality California’s street canvass program is a model of grassroots education, mobilization, and fundraising that brings our message and the opportunity to take immediate action straight to the people, while generating a significant portion of the organization’s income by recruiting thousands of new members every year. Our street canvass plays a critical role in achieving full and lasting equality for California’s LGBT community.
The Assistant Street Canvass Lead helps manage and provide leadership for the day-to-day activities of the street canvass team to win campaign victories, and build Equality California’s profile in the public eye. The Assistant Lead works with other program Leads to achieve outreach goals for our organization. The ideal candidate will be an experienced manager, self-starter, and motivating trainer, with a strong background and understanding of grassroots outreach and fundraising.
Assistant Street Canvass Lead Equality California
- Staff Management – Recruit, hire, and train grassroots canvass outreach employees.
- Quality Control – Track individual employee and overall campaign performance, and perform periodic evaluations of individual members of the team.
- Canvassing – Canvass four to five days a week, to train new and experienced staff and advance the outreach and fundraising goals of the organization.
- Logistics – Execute campaign strategy by overseeing day-to-day placement and support of staff at various outreach locations throughout the greater Los Angeles area.
- At least one year of field or canvassing experience. A background in fundraising canvassing is preferred.
- Proven ability to work within a team, developing a shared campaign vision and motivating staff.
- Project management skills, including the ability to manage competing priorities, take personal initiative and operate under self-direction.
- Patient, calm under pressure; able to thrive in a fast-paced campaign environment and to work under short-and-long-term deadlines.
- Honest communicator who can coach staff and deliver feedback, and a good listener who is willing to act on constructive feedback.
- Basic proficiency in Microsoft excel.
- A passion for Equality California’s mission is a must. A demonstrable background working on these issues is preferred.
- Valid driver’s license and a car is a plus.
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) is a plus.
How to apply
Starting compensation is $15/hour. Full benefits include paid vacation and sick time, health, dental, vision, short and long-term disability and a retirement plan, among others.
The position will be based in Los Angeles.
Please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration. Please use the email subject line: ASSISTANT STREET CANVASS LEAD. The application process will remain open until the position is filled.
As an equal opportunity employer, we recruit individuals without regard to race, national origin, religion, gender (including gender identity), sexual orientation, disability, marital status, veteran status or age.
Equality California is California’s premier statewide lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender civil rights organization focused on creating a fair and just society. Our mission is to achieve and maintain full and lasting equality, acceptance and social justice for all people in our diverse LGBT communities, inside and outside of California. Our mission includes advancing the health and well-being of LGBT Californians through direct healthcare service advocacy and education. Through electoral, advocacy, education and mobilization programs, we strive to create a broad and diverse alliance of LGBT people, educators, government officials, communities of color and faith, labor, business, and social justice communities to achieve our goals. Read more about Equality California and our mission at eqca.org.