Empire State Pride Agenda Foundation – New York, NY
The Executive Administrative Assistant will report to and work closely with the Executive Director, providing a variety of support functions that contribute to the Pride Agenda’s political, programmatic and fundraising success. Responsibilities include management of the Executive Director’s schedule, travel, and other administrative needs. The Assistant will also serve as a liaison to the Boards of Directors, which will include scheduling meetings and conference calls, taking minutes at Board meetings and on conference calls, compiling and distributing quarterly reports for the Boards, and any other identified activities related to Board’ functions. The position will also provide general support to the organization’s management team.
The Empire State Pride Agenda is New York’s statewide lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) civil rights and advocacy organization. Our mission is to win equality and justice for LGBT New Yorkers and our families. Through our education, organizing and advocacy programs, we work toward creating a broadly diverse alliance of LGBT people and our allies in government, communities of faith, labor, all sectors of the workforce and other social justice movements to achieve equality for LGBT New Yorkers and the broader goals of social, racial and economic justice.
Executive Administrative Assistant NYC – Empire State Pride Agenda Foundation
- Manage the Executive Director’s calendar and allocation of time, including any travel requirements
- Create and distribute reports, meeting announcements, RSVPs and Board reports
- Administer various email distribution lists for staff and Board
- Take minutes at all Board meetings and conference calls
- Compile Board reports from various Department heads and distribute to Boards on deadline
- Order and maintain office supplies
- Oversee general office management of the New York City office (e.g. coordinating cleaning services, maintenance, landlord relations)
- Oversee general equipment purchasing, leasing and inventory, insuring that necessary documentation is provided for all purchasing of goods and services, and collecting bids for all major purchases
- Oversee general IT functions and work with consultant to ensure health of the organization’s informational technology
- Assist Finance, Government Affairs, and Development departments with contracts
- Support the organization’s many special events throughout the calendar year, some of which take place outside of regular business hours
- Bachelor’s degree preferred and one to three years’ experience required, preferably in nonprofit setting
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills, self-starter, well-organized, and ability to manage multiple projects to completion on deadlines
- Superior attention to detail with strong follow-through
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to represent the organization on phone, in writing and in person
- Excellent time management
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of basic IT infrastructures
- Preferred experience in non-profit office administration
- Preferred experience with contracts
- Demonstrated commitment to advancing the Pride Agenda’s mission
- A demonstrated commitment and competency with issues impacting transgender and gender non-conforming New Yorkers.
The Pride Agenda is an Equal Opportunity Employer; women, people of color and transgender people are encouraged to apply.
Email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to Empire State Pride Agenda, 80 Maiden Lane, Suite 905, New York, NY 10038. No phone calls please.