Immigration Equality is the only national non-profit organization that provides both direct legal services and policy advocacy for uniquely vulnerable lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and HIV-positive (LGBTH) immigrants. Immigration Equality seeks a dynamic, detail-oriented individual with outstanding organizational and communications skills to support our Executive Director and Development Department.
The Executive & Development Assistant will report directly to both the Executive Director (ED) and Development Director. The Assistant must be able to respond quickly and with good judgment in a fast-paced environment and be able to handle highly confidential and sensitive information. The person must be able to interact in a professional, friendly manner with key organizational stakeholders, mindful that they are representing the organization.
This is an excellent position for someone eager to break into the non-profit sector and fundraising profession while working at the intersection of two of the most potent civil rights issues of our time: LGBT and immigrant rights. Since the Assistant will provide support to two leaders in the organization, this is an ideal learning opportunity for anyone interested in organizational leadership generally.
The Executive & Development Assistant will act as an all-around team player to support the full range of fundraising activities, including events, direct mail, online fundraising, and more.
Executive and Development Assistant Immigration Equality
Development Assistant (70%)
- Donation Services :
- Provide friendly assistance to donors and other constituents by confirming receipt of contributions
- Field donor inquiries
- Follow up on pledges and corporate matches
- Ensure every gift is entered correctly in the database and thanked by the right person within 48 hours of receipt
- Data Entry and Gift Reporting:
- Ensure database integrity by entering donations and pledges into Salesforce in a timely manner
- Perform regular data cleanup and record updates
- Capture donor data accurately and thoroughly
- Run monthly donation and event reports
- Assist with management of departmental interns
- Other duties as assigned
Executive Assistant (30%)
- Assist the ED with scheduling and manage ED calendar
- Maintain correspondence with donors, law firms, corporate prospects
- General outreach in a timely and professional manner
- Book and handle all travel arrangements for the ED
- Help with coordination of speaking engagements including interactions with host organizations/companies
- Check ED voicemail and open mail and follow up as directed
- Prep materials for internal and external meetings as directed
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Ability to multi-task and manage the completion of multiple projects, often with shifting priorities, while working under direct supervision or independently;
- One or more years prior experience in a similar position within the public, private, or non-profit sector;
- Interest and/or experience with human/civil rights/LGBT issues, and/or immigrant rights;
- Strong written and oral communication skills;
- Advanced word processing skills and proficiency in the full suite of Microsoft Office programs;
- Commitment to uphold high levels of accountability for self;
- Demonstrated ability to be creative, flexible, well-organized;
- Ability to handle confidential donor/constituency information with sensitivity and integrity; and
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment supporting executives and managing travel arrangements and work calendars;
- Experience with database fundraising software and other software programs a plus.
Immigration Equality is an affirmative action employer. Immigrants, transgender people, and people of color are strongly encouraged to apply. Immigration Equality is a progressive organization committed to an open plan office. Applicants must demonstrate the ability to collaborate within a diverse and inclusive environment.
Immigration Equality is a mission-driven organization full of smart, dedicated people. If you want to work at the cutting edge of the two most potent civil rights issues of our time, and do it with terrific colleagues in a fast-paced, nimble organization that seeks results, this is the place for you.
Submit a detailed cover letter explaining why this job would be a wonderful fit for you and your salary requirements along with your chronological resume firstname.lastname@example.org with Executive and Development Assistant in the subject line.