Fenway Health – Boston, MA
The Medical Assistant serves as part of a multidisciplinary team in a challenging and stimulating primary care setting. The Medical Assistant provides support for medical providers and nurses by assisting with clinical and administrative tasks.
Typical duties could include, but are not limited to: taking vital signs; room stocking and inventory, helping to plan for patient care, performing EKG’s and point of care lab testing; phlebotomy; assisting with medical procedures; assisting with phone inquiries; reviewing and critically analyzing patient data reports and conducting outreach as needed to support team-based care, and participating in team, department, and company-wide meetings and trainings.
Medical Assistant Fenway Health
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Successful completion of a Medical Assistant Program or equivalent experience
- Associate’s degree in Medical Assisting strongly preferred
- Medical Assistant Certification when eligible
- Current CPR Certification
- A minimum of one year of related work experience in a healthcare setting
- Strong customer service and problem solving skills, demonstrates critical thinking skills, quick learner, self-motivator, and ability to troubleshoot
- Good computer skills and ability to access information electronically
- Demonstrates intellectual independence and initiative and has a desire to learn and develop new skills and better methods of completing work efforts
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills; ability to organize time and priorities effectively, asking for direction when appropriate
- Flexibility and proven ability to handle multiple tasks
- Comfortable in a practice environment/culture that promotes ongoing change toward process improvement
- A calm, patient, flexible, courteous and understanding manner required
- The ability to work well both independently and within a team environment required
- Demonstrated interest in LGBT health and commitment to community health strongly preferred
- Experience working in an ethnically, culturally, and racially diverse environment preferred
- Ability to work harmoniously with diverse groups of individuals required
Note: Applications or resumes submitted without a cover letter will not be considered. No third party resumes accepted.
To apply, please send a resume and cover-letter to email@example.com
Note: Applications or resumes submitted without a cover letter will not be considered. When applying for this position, please reference the job title and job ID #635