Fenway Health – Boston, MA
Fenway: South End offers high-quality care in a private practice setting in Boston’s South End Neighborhood. As a part of a multidisciplinary team, the LPN will provide nursing support by assisting with clinical and administrative tasks in a stimulating primary care setting.
Typical duties include: triaging telephone and walk-in patients; assisting clinical staff to implement immunization and screening plans for patients and staff; providing the full range of supervisory duties to assigned Medical Assistants; coordinating and ensuring smooth patient flow during clinic hours; assisting with Medical Assistant duties as necessary; reviewing and critically analyzing patient data reports and conducting outreach as needed to support team-based care; documenting patient information in the electronic medical record system; and participating in team, department, and company-wide meetings and trainings.
Charge Nurse LPN Fenway South End
Additional duties include: providing direct and age-specific patient care by providing wound care, prescription management and phlebotomy; collecting and discussing lab results; assisting as necessary with appointment management; and coordinating the maintenance and management of medical equipment and medical supplies.
- MA LPN license
- Current CPR certification required
- A minimum of one year of related work experience in a health care setting required
- Supervisory experience preferred
- IV insertion / Phlebotomy preferred
- Bilingual English/Spanish language skills preferred
- Strong customer service and problem solving skills, demonstrates critical thinking skills, quick learner, self-motivator, and ability to troubleshoot
- Good computer skills and ability to access information electronically
- Demonstrates intellectual independence and initiative and has a desire to learn and develop new skills and better methods of completing work efforts
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills; ability to organize time and priorities effectively, asking for direction when appropriate
- Flexibility and proven ability to handle multiple tasks
- Comfortable in a practice environment/culture that promotes ongoing change toward process improvement
- A calm, patient, flexible, courteous and understanding manner required
- The ability to work well both independently and within a team environment required
- Experience with patients with HIV and electronic medical records strongly preferred
- Demonstrated interest in LGBT health and commitment to community health strongly preferred
- Previous experience working in pediatric care highly desirable
- Experience working with an ethnically, culturally, and racially diverse environment preferred
- Ability to work harmoniously with diverse groups of individuals required
The mission of Fenway Health is to enhance the wellbeing of the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender community and all people in our neighborhoods and beyond through access to the highest quality health care, education, research and advocacy. We define ‘primary health care’ as encompassing ongoing and preventive medical services, mental health counseling, addiction services, holistic and complementary therapies and community health education and outreach.