Olivia Travel – San Francisco, CA
- Responsible for overseeing the creation, planning, development, coordination and execution of the company’s strategic marketing initiatives – to include strategic marketing planning, website, online/email, direct mail, advertising, social media, event marketing
- Maintain and enhance the organization’s current image, branding, positioning and overall messaging
- Oversee, manage and lead the entire marketing team
- SUCCESS will be measured by new revenues generated (sales & bottom-line profits) through the development and execution of new strategies and the effective marketing thereof
- Reports directly to the Vice President of Travel & Business Operations (and the Executive Team when appropriate)
San Francisco Director Strategic Marketing
- Establish and manage the overall strategic and tactical direction of marketing for the company
- Develop and implement strategic marketing plans
- Create and manage new business development strategies, partnership opportunities and collaborative ventures with leading businesses and organizations in the LBGT community
- Keep all strategies and projects on plan and on budget
- Edit and proof all marketing collateral, web content, company communications and set editorial direction
- Assess performance metrics including project & campaign analytics, customer metrics and the overall ROI for all marketing initiatives; make recommendations based on findings
- Meet with Executive team to determine and adhere to marketing budget
- Meet all professional obligations through efficient work habits (meeting deadlines, honoring schedules, running meetings, etc.)
- Outstanding strategic planning, critical thinking and analytical skills
- Demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience in the design and execution of strategies, marketing, communications and PR
- Strong creative and analytical skills
- Experience overseeing the design and production of all marketing efforts
- Demonstrated ability to inspire and lead a team
- Outstanding interpersonal and communications skills, both written and verbal
- Detail-oriented, a self-starter with strong organizational skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects at a time
- A bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business or Communications
- A minimum of 7 years of well-rounded marketing or business development experience in positions of increasing responsibility
- Experience in the travel industry is optimum as is direct involvement with the LGBT community
CORE COMPETENCIES FOR SUCCESS
- Results and bottom-line oriented
- Driven to meet and exceed all goals set
- An articulate and thoughtful communicator
- Shares ideas and perspectives and encourages others to do the same
- Candor; Not afraid to “confront” important issues and discuss them fully
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- An understanding and commitment to deliver an extraordinary “Customer Journey”
- Dedicated and always open to new learning and improvement of functional areas of expertise
- Technology proficient
- Seeks feedback and is open to constructive feedback
- Highly organized and knows how to prioritize
- The ability to marshal support and resources to get things done
- Strategic Marketing: 5 years
Please submit a cover letter and current resume to email@example.com, making sure to include the title of the open position in the subject line.
General resumes or resumes without a position specified cannot be considered.
In 2005, Olivia was ranked No. 2 for companies with under 100 employees in the Best Places to Work in the Bay Area competition as voted by its employees. This score reflects how our employees feel about working at Olivia. We’re a profitable, fun, exciting, rapidly growing, life styles company specializing in unique travel events, and future plans include a retirement community. Olivia provides an award winning place to work, world-class travel, and life changing experiences for our guests. Olivia is looking for exceptional individuals who are interested in helping us grow by providing unique and memorable experiences for its travelers.
At Olivia, all employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin/ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity and/or expression, age, disability, medical condition/pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, domestic partner status, military status or any other characteristic protected by law. We treat all employees with sensitivity and respect, regardless of physical or mental disability. Olivia will make reasonable accommodations for employees to perform the essential functions of their jobs on a case-by-case basis using local, state and federal guidelines.
Besides our unique environment, we offer full time employees competitive salaries, 401(k) including qualified matching, vacation, medical, dental, vision benefits, commuting subsides, life insurance, long term disability and accidental death and dismemberment insurance, and many sponsored employee activities. We are an equal-opportunity employer.
At Olivia, our philosophy for our guests is to “feel free” and for our employees is to “be me.” Our culture is one where everyone feels welcomed, valued, part of the team, excited about the ideas they share, and career opportunities open to them. Our company was founded on diversity. Respecting individual differences is the foundation of Olivia’s diversity program. Be me, means to, be unique, be respectful, be proud and, most of all, be open to embrace everyone’s individual greatness. We promote and support diversity through training, mentoring and the daily celebration of it.