THE 2015 LGBT CAREER FAIR (NYC) – Don’t miss this opportunity to meet with dozens of major employers that value LGBT diversity in the workplace! Explore possibilities for your future while experiencing panels, workshops and networking opportunities.
2015 LGBT CAREER FAIR NYC
ALL PROFESSIONAL RESOURCES
The Center is proud to offer field placement educational opportunities for up to 30 social work (MSW), counseling (MHC), marriage and family therapy (MFT), psychology (PhD, Psy-D) and addiction (CASAC-T) students seeking to work with the LGBT communities. Placements are available in Recovery, Wellness, Youth and Families program areas.
Internship placements are to be no less than 18 to 22 hours per week and two semesters in duration, as follows:
- February to August—usually Advanced Standing or similar social work students
- June to December—open to students from all practice areas
- September to May—usually second year or similar social work students
The Center’s internship program seeks to improve the health and wellbeing of the LGBT communities by:
- Increasing The Center’s internal capacity and allowing The Center to better meet expanding community health needs
- Increasing the capacity of health services in the New York metropolitan area to serve the LGBT community by training culturally competent future providers
- Increasing the pool of potential future staff by developing strong relationships with student providers that may, in the future, seek to work at The Center
To find out more about internships or to set up an appointment, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For clinicians who practice in a city as diverse as New York, access to culturally sensitive training resources is essential.
The Center has been providing technical assistance to community-based organizations, service providers and government providers locally, regionally and nationally in a variety of disciplines since our inception in the 1980s. The Center Training Institute offers specialized training sessions and technical assistance for professionals who work with lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) people in the New York City area. Our workshops have been carefully developed to offer important information, resources and creative clinical skills to help you enhance the lives of your LGBT clients.
The Center is a New York State Office of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Services (OASAS) approved provider of Continuing Education Units (CEUs).
The Center Training Institute offers two onsite series of trainings each year in fall and spring. The cost for professionals and providers to attend, payable by cash, check or credit card, is $40. For students, the cost is $20. You may pay the day of the training or prior to attending the training via mail.
In addition to the onsite Center Training Institute, in some instances workshops can be offered offsite to government, medical, educational, substance abuse recovery and social service providers, as well as at conferences, forums and training institutes.