National Gay & Lesbian Chamber of Commerce – Washington, DC
The National Gay & Lesbian Chamber of Commerce (NGLCC) is a dynamic non-profit organization working to expand the economic opportunities of lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) owned businesses.
The NGLCC is seeking an Associate to support the organization’s flagship program, the Supplier Diversity Initiative (SDI). The SDI certifies businesses that are majority LGBT owned as LGBT Business Enterprises (LGBTBEs) and provides them with a suite of benefits that support their growth and success. Working within the Supplier Diversity department, the Associate will interface with highly motivated entrepreneurs in a wide spectrum of businesses from CEOs of digital advertising agencies to technology startups. The Associate will provide impeccable, responsive customer service to business owners as they navigate the certification process and participate in NGLCC’s programs.
Washington DC Supplier Diversity Associate NGLCC
This entry-level position is geared towards professionals seeking an opportunity to build and strengthen their small business knowledge, as well as become intimately familiar with supplier diversity as a tool for the economic development of diverse-owned businesses. The Associate will gain significant knowledge in corporate procurement processes, small and medium business management, and the central role of economic empowerment in the LGBT equality movement.
To excel in this position, the ideal candidate would be experienced in delivering excellent customer service, possess the ability to work independently and as a team with other professionals, balance multiple projects simultaneously, exhibit strong written and spoken communication skills, have exceptional attention to detail, and the ability to manage sensitive data.
The NGLCC is seeking a professional willing to make a multi-year commitment to this position, as significant training and skill mastery will be developed. The Associate may be occasionally asked to travel domestically.
- Support the Supplier Diversity department’s goals of reaching LGBT-owned businesses, guiding them through the certification process, and maintaining their engagement with the NGLCC
- Assist department managers in guiding prospective businesses through the certification process
- Support department managers in providing exceptional service to requests from business owners utilizing NGLCC’s programs
- Assist in preparing certification application materials and maintaining an updated database
- Manage regular online orientations which provide a comprehensive overview of the NGLCC to newly certified business owners
- Assist in marketing the benefits of program participation to NGLCC constituencies, drafting LGBTBE related correspondence, and creating profiles of business owners·
- Ensure that the Supplier Diversity department’s hardcopy and electronic records are organized and up to date
- Oversee the direction of the SDI Fellow’s support role
- B.A./ B.S. degree or higher
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Minimum of 1-2 years experience in a professional environment, preferably in a client relationship or business development field
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and thrive in an entrepreneurial atmosphere
- Experience working on a team
- Proven record of impeccable customer service
- Experience with CSM platforms or tools a plus (Salesforce, iMS, etc.)
Please send a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Supplier Diversity Associate.”
Applications submitted without stated salary requirements will not be considered.
Any questions about the position can be directed to email@example.com
Women, ethnic minorities, LGBT, veterans, and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.