Callen-Lorde – New York, NY
Callen-Lorde is seeking a Human Resources professional to join our team and support our growing organization. The HR Recruiter will work closely with Callen-Lorde’s Management team and perform the full cycle of recruitment for multiple sites. The Recruiter will work to acquire talented, mission driven candidates for a broad range of healthcare positions including administrative/service orientated roles, clinical professionals and Management level positions. The Recruiter will redesign/automate Callen-Lorde’s hiring process and implement an online application and screening process. In addition, the Recruiter will create/edit job postings, screen applicants, schedule/conduct interviews, extend offers, perform reference checks and facilitate the onboarding process for new hires. The Recruiter may also participate in general HR functions including benefits administration, employee relations, onboarding students/volunteers and other related activities. The selected individual must have a strong interest in LGBT issues, Health Care and/or non-profit work.
Work Schedule/Salary/Benefits This is a full-time position with regular business hours. Occasional evenings will be required. Salary will be based on experience and will be accompanied by an excellent benefits package, including individual medical, dental, and vision insurance, life insurance, short and long-term disability insurance, generous paid time off, and 403B retirement plan.
NYC Human Resources Recruiter Callen Lorde
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Human Resources or related field.
- Minimum 3-5 years of recruiting experience within a healthcare setting.
- Experience utilizing various recruitment strategies (social media, community outreach, networking, etc.)
- Knowledge of federal, state & local employment laws.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Experience working with LGBT and not for profit organizations strongly preferred.
- Commitment to the mission of Callen-Lorde.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work with diverse populations.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Advanced computer skills .
- Familiarity with LGBT, HIV and health-related issues and community resources.
Send cover letter and resume including salary requirements to:
Subject: HR Recruiter Search
Callen-Lorde Community Health Center
356 West 18th Street, New York, NY 10011
Callen-Lorde Community Health Center provides sensitive, quality health care and related services targeted to New York’s lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender communities — in all their diversity — regardless of ability to pay. To further this mission, Callen-Lorde promotes health education and wellness, and advocates for LGBT health issues.