Out & Equal Workplace Advocates – Washington, DC
Do you believe in LGBT equality? Would you like to work with a dynamic team of coworkers? Are you interested in a career where you can make a difference?
Out & Equal Workplace Advocates is the pre-eminent non-profit organization dedicated to winning global workplace equality for all lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people.
Out & Equal is seeking to hire a Director of Global Initiatives responsible for developing, organizing and sharing best practices on LGBT workplace equality among corporations across all regions. The Director will strengthen existing partnerships with in country NGOs and organizations and develop relationships and partnerships in new countries and regions. The Director will report to the Chief Financial Officer.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
Develop and manage Out & Equal Global Partners Program:
- Work with the CEO, CFO, and Deputy Director to identify best practices to strategically engage priority target and emerging markets in locations such as China, India, Latin America, Eastern Europe, and Africa
- Identify and partner with top talent from focus regions around the world to carry out Out & Equal’s global strategy locally through consulting and customized education on LGBT workplace inclusion
- Develop relations with network of key, supportive regional NGO partners to help effect LGBT workplace inclusion
- Manage the performance evaluation process for Global Partner contractors
- Liaise between constituents’ corporate headquarters and the Global Partners in their places of operation around the globe
- Partner with in-country organizations to plan global roundtable forums for constituents to share best practices and address common challenges, and implement these events through the network of Global Partners
- Lead the design and delivery of global programming at events (i.e. Global Leadership Day pre-Summit, Global Series @ Workplace Summit, Executive Forum, Training and Professional Development and Community Relations) in order to meet the programmatic and quality goals of Out & Equal
- Design a quality control process to ensure the highest quality of global content at Out & Equal programs
- Develop and manage digitally accessible content on effecting Global Workplace Equality:
- Identify, manage, and regularly update digital content per regional policy advisories and developments related to LGBT rights, protections, and inclusion
- Integrate appropriate digitally accessible content with Out & Equal’s Employee Resource Group Registry
- Work in conjunction with the Development Team on business development among global sponsors:
- Build relationships with existing Out & Equal constituents to understand global workplace equality needs
- Communicate the global service offerings of Out & Equal to constituents
- Develop leads for potential future global constituents through the network of Global Partners to develop business
- BA degree in communications, policy, business relations, or related field
- 5+ years of comprehensive experience working with NGOs and diverse stakeholders in geographically dispersed locations
- Experience with and understanding of corporate workplaces and cultures
- Experience with and understanding of non-profit, mission-based advocacy (a clear knowledge of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender issues a definite plus)
- Passion for the Out & Equal Mission
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communications skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and juggle changing deadlines
- Ability to work collaboratively with other organizational teams and organizations
- Awareness of national and global LGBT workplace issues
- Excellent social media skills across multiple platforms
- Demonstrated proficiency using Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Bachelor’s degree required; Masters preferred
- Salary is dependent on experience.
- Benefits include 3 weeks paid vacation and 6 personal/discretionary days, a comprehensive employer-paid health and welfare program, commuter discount program, life insurance, and 401(k). Details of each program, including waiting periods and eligibility criteria, are available for review.
- Targeted start date would be as soon as possible with position based in Washington, DC.
Interested candidates should submit their resume and cover letter to TTalbot@outandequal.org
No phone calls , please.
Out & Equal Workplace Advocates is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on any of the following: race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or gender characteristic, national origin, religion, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.