PLANETROMEO – With 2 Million Members Worldwide – is one of the leading Social & Dating Networks for Gay, Bi and Trans. Software Developer Fraud Prevention is a new position at PLANETROMEO BV in Amsterdam. You are responsible for identifying and preventing fraud in our community, and protecting our members from spamming, scamming, faking, or any kinds of illegal or unwanted activities.
You have a deep understanding of how people behave in a community and why. At the same time, you feel at home in the technical and analytical world, and want to use your in-depth software development skills to help us fight the bad guys.
You’re a hands-on person with the following responsibilities:
- Analyze abuse cases, identify patterns and improve our automated detection
- Provide the best solutions for members to report abusive profiles and content
- Further development of our removal tools called ‘malicious user detection’ system (MUD)
- Follow ‘fraud trends’ in the market and deliver the best solutions
- Provide relevant information to management
You work together with our tech consultant/data analyst in Amsterdam and another software developer in Berlin. Furthermore, you work closely with the Product Managers and their developers who maintain and develop our software and system, and with the Customer Support Team. You report to the COO/Head of Community.
- Bachelors or Masters in computer science or equivalent field and a minimum of 3 years relevant work experience
- Experienced in data mining analytics, decision / pattern analysis and operations
- Excellent knowledge and practical experience of using object oriented PHP
- Knowledge of C++ would be helpful
- Comprehensive knowledge of SQL databases
- A passion for performance and scalability
- Familiarity with microservice architecture is appreciated
- Ability to create fault tolerant services
- Agile to adapt quickly to changing requirements and ability to learn new technologies
- Broad knowledge of dating and/or social networking platforms helpful
- Excellent spoken and written English skills
- Full-time position
- Initial contract for 12 months, with the intention of prolonging and a permanent contract in the future
- 80 colleagues from all over the world (25 in Amsterdam and 55 in Berlin)
- The company language is English
- An attractive office with THE best view of Amsterdam
- Everything you need to do a great job (MacBook, etc.)
- Great working environment, and the best colleagues you will ever meet 😉
If you’re interested please react before April 4th, and include your motivation and CV in English using the form.